cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I deploy from a folder AND a workspace in TestStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Back in the old days of TestStand 2010 sp1, I was able to deploy from both TestStand Public and a Workspace.  After analyzing the files, you could view both in the distributed files, and configure the destination of everything, file by file. 

In TestStand 2014, I can't seem to figure out how to do this same thing.  Whenever I include either a Directory, or TestStand Public in addition to the workspace, the workspace files don't show up in the distributed files.  (They do show up in the workspace view, but I can't configure the destination from there... it's grayed out).  Further concerning me, when I have only a workspace selected, I do see those files in the distriibuted files view after analyzing.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is my only option now to include everything in the workspace?

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,453 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GarryG

Hi GarryG,

After completing the analysis, check if there are any errors present in the Build Status tab. In some cases, an error can prevent the analysis from completing.  We are planning to improve this behavior in a future TestStand version so that only critical errors stop the entire analysis, and ensure that we clearly notify the user of any errors that occur.

If there are any errors in your case, please save the logs and attach them so we can take a look.  In the meantime, resolving any errors will likely prevent the issue you are seeing.   

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
Message 2 of 5
(4,443 Views)

Al,

Thanks for your reply.  That's exactly what it was.  I appreciate you responding.  I never thought to look on the Build Status tab (since I wasn't yet ready to do a build). 

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,430 Views)

Glad that you got it resolved!  Would you mind sending the log with those errors anyway? (or just a summary of the error you got if you have already fixed them would be sufficient)   I'd like to take a look to see if we can handle the errors better in the future.

Thanks!

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,425 Views)

Al, No Problem.  Attached is the error log.  From an analysis that makes the workspace files disappear from the distributed files.  Thanks again for your help!

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,410 Views)