NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Teststand from labview

Hi,
I am trying to open teststand(3.0) from labview(7.1). When run the VI In highlight mode it works fine and opens the Teststand login panel.When try to run the VI in normal mode the VI Hangs and it doesn't open the Teststand also i have to terminate the application using taskmanger. I have attached the VI and the snap shot in highlight mode for your reference.Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks & regards,
sathyendra N

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,365 Views)

Hi,

Its might be due to the fact you are not allowing enough time for the engine to start.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,348 Views)

Hi Ray,

I tried providing delay also but it doesn't work if i apply break point any where in the VI it works. 

regards,

SATHYENDRA N

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,339 Views)
For one thing, you are not shutting down the engine properly.  I would recommend reading the "Shutting Down the Engine" part of the TestStand Help.  Since you are starting a new execution by running the LoginLogout Front End Callback, you must wait until the execution properly ends.  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  There may be a better way to do it.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,322 Views)
Hi,
Thanks for your Response. I am trying to use customize the Opertor Interface developed in labview.
Regarding the complete Application Back ground.
The complete Application was developed previously using labview 6.1 and Teststand 3.1 and it was working fine. Now i am trying to port the application to Labview 7.1 and Teststand 3.1 at that time it is not all opening the Teststand login so i thought tried only the basic part out of my code and that given the inconsistent problem so i am trying to slove that part first so i have made a simple vi which i included in my last mail.I want to maintain the same functionality previously developed in Labview 6.1 without any major changes so i am trying the same way in labview 7.1.can you please suggest some examples or suggestion.Waiting For Your Response.

Regards,
sathyendra N
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,306 Views)
Hi,

A good example to look at for operator interfaces is the pre-built one under the TestStand directory.  If you go to the directory listed below, you will find the LabVIEW Full-Featured Operator Interface.  Take a look at this as an example of how the operator interface works.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\OperatorInterfaces\NI\Full-Featured\LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,288 Views)