From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callexecutable pass key to close executable

Hello,

I use TS2014. When i try to use " callexecutable " step to execute  an .exe application , after application is finnished  it is made to wait for key to exit. 

How I can automaitically close this step and get standard output hidden for operator ? (Without asking operator to press a key)

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,867 Views)

How are you launching your executable? What are the settings you are using for callexecuteable? Is the executable itself the thing waiting for the key press? If so, you can redirect stdin and send it input via the callexecutable settings.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,849 Views)

I placed a call to executable in a batch file (*.cmd) and I call this batch file  in step type "CallExecutable". If application is finished without errors it closes automatically and I don't have problem, but if there is some error application shows message "Press any key to exit" and only after I press key I can close it and respectively  batch file also closes. 

Settings in step are run Show Normally,Activated

in wait options - Wait condition: Wait for Exit , the rest is unchecked

Standard input: No input

Standard Output-  Output destination : Store to variable.

If I put in "Standard Input" some string , is this mean that it will be send to application when it expect some user interaction?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,822 Views)