From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback error when Adapter set to LabVIEW 12.0.1

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a font end call back sequence which is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2010 SP1\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd folder. This works perfectly fine when the Adapter is set to development version of LabVIEW 12.0.1 but the same sequnce does not work when adapter is switched to Run time version of LabVIEW 12.0.1

Any guesses why this is happening?

Note: Everything is mass compiled with LabVIEW 12.0.1

Thanks,

VS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,952 Views)

Any guesses?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author V_T_S

Hey Vidula, 

You said that everything was mass recompiled but can you double check to make sure that VI does not have a broken run arrow? Typically the error occurs when the VI is corrupted so could you just double check that. Also, what is your LabVIEW adapter set to? Could you try having the LabVIEW adapter "Auto Detect" the runtime engine and see if the VI can run through the autodected one? Also, what exactly is going on in this VI? Is it TestStand API calls, any calls to to network variables, any typedefs, etc.  If you get any new errors when you do that, please post them to the forum. 

-KP

Kurt P
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,913 Views)

Hi Kurt,

Yes, I am able to run the same sequence by setting the LabVIEW Adapter to "Auto Detect" for run time.

After setting the it "Auto Detect", everything works well and now I can't even see the issue even after setting the Adapter to LabVIEW 12.0.1.

I tried this on two different systems where run time adapter setting of LabVIEW 12.0.1 was not working. And now it's working on both the systems.

Any thoughts about the root cause of this issue?

Thanks,

VS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,888 Views)

Will it be possible for you to upload the login.vi and all its subVIs called from frontend callback sequence 

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,867 Views)