cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call TestStand using LabVIEW VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How to call teststand using LabVIEW and update LabVIEW indicator?

both should run parallely and  for this  VI i only pass a file path of sequence.( except UI example suggest me some other example)

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,639 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ManasaM

Usually you would have a User Interface call TestStand.  The UI can be built in LabVIEW.  Here is document on UI development:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7560/en/

Then you use UI Messages to communicate back and forth between the UI and your sequence file.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4532/en/

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,635 Views)

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,633 Views)

Feel free to post any questions about it here.  It can get a little tricky sometimes.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,631 Views)

Hello,

I am using the VI ( C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\UserInterfaces\Simple\LabVIEW\Source Code) which gives an example for simple UI and i am loading simple Teststand seq which has only message pop step and for loop with i and N intialisation . 

Now i need to see the i and N values in my LabVIEW indicator I know how to read but in this Example i am not getting where to add my code?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,616 Views)

Where are you getting the sequence context from?  Did you read the article on UI Messages?  I'm not sure you are doing it correctly.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,595 Views)

Hi 

I didnot read UI article before, Now I read its a great article .

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

Manasa

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,568 Views)

Hi 

I have created User message callback in reg event call back in simple UI example. after that created subVI call back and writen this code stilli am not able to update teststand variables values in labview please suggest me if anything wrong

regards

MGL

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,543 Views)

You need to pass a reference to your front panel control and then use a property node to set the value.  You cannot pass the value like that.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,532 Views)

You are on the right track though.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com