cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Executable: RunAs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Using Win7 I´m sometimes force to run good old applications as Administrator. How can I do this with TestStands Call Executable step?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,856 Views)

Do you want a privilege elevation prompt to appear? If not then you will probably have to run the sequence editor or UI itself as administrator.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,849 Views)

If possible I want to save user and password in the sequence and run only the executable in a priviledge way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,834 Views)

Synchronizing with Other User Management Systems – Windows Login

If you enable the Automatically Login Windows System User option on the User Manager tab of the Station Options dialog box, TestStand attempts to log in the current Microsoft Windows user name in the TestStand user list. If the user name is found in the user list, TestStand automatically logs in the user at the appropriate level without prompting for a password. If the user name is not found, TestStand prompts the user to log in. In order to use this option, you must create a user entry in the TestStand User Manager and enter the Windows login name for the user as their TestStand login name.

If I understand your second question well: you qould like to insert a call Executable and add an Executable to your sequence and start it as Admin?

Kais Mekacher
Applications Engineer
Germany - Munich
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,824 Views)

Thanks you I will test your solution.

You understood me right. It would me nice if the need of one executable would not create a need to the security level in general.

But now I also challenge the personen providing the executable to create a new version with no need for Administator right (Smiley Happy)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,822 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jojp

Ok I was speaking with our Teststand Expert and he ave me an Idea:

Look please at this KB:

Run a program with administrative credentials

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781763%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

I hope it helpsSmiley Wink

Kais Mekacher
Applications Engineer
Germany - Munich
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,818 Views)

Awesome, thanks. Seems I was searching in the wrong direction.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,807 Views)

Unfortunatly I can´t create a Administrator profil without password on my PC. This result in runas always asking for a password. You can save the password in the shell environment, but after a reboot you have to insert it again.

So I tried to run SequenceEditor with Admin rights an this helped.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,792 Views)