From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTD Exam questions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am planning to take the CTD exam. I have few questions and I would greatly appreciate any comments or recommenda

I have gone through the TestStand 1 course manual and started to work on Advanced architecture series

1) Do I need to go through the TestStand 2 course manual and Advanced architecture series for CTD?

2) How the questions are look like? I know there is no sample exam but do I need to memorize all the definitions or ..

Are the questions like the ones after the end of each chapter in TestStand 1 course manual?

3) I know LabVIEW but I am not familiar with CVI or other languages. Do I need to take a look at the Adapter configuration for all the adapters?

4) There is a TestStand Pallete in LabVIEW. Could you please let me know if I need to learn how to use the blocks to pass CTD? 

Also I would really appercaite any other help on this exam. 

Message 1 of 4
(6,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tintin_99

1) Do I need to go through the TestStand 2 course manual and Advanced architecture series for CTD? No.  The exam is for TS I

2) How the questions are look like? I know there is no sample exam but do I need to memorize all the definitions or ..

Are the questions like the ones after the end of each chapter in TestStand 1 course manual?  Multiple Choice.  Yes you need to memorize names and definitions.  They are like the ones in the chapter.

3) I know LabVIEW but I am not familiar with CVI or other languages. Do I need to take a look at the Adapter configuration for all the adapters? Yes.  If it's in the manual it can be on the exam.

4) There is a TestStand Pallete in LabVIEW. Could you please let me know if I need to learn how to use the blocks to pass CTD? No.  That is more for the CTA.

Check this out: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Sample-Application/m-p/2394366#M40647

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 4
(6,320 Views)

I did  the CTD  prepared the whole  Test Dev  Course Material

only 29/40

there were many ?s  abt  batch process 

are there  any ? lists (other than this 256 ?s )   which  r  near to the most likely  ?s   !!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,073 Views)

I'm sorry to hear about that aparab.

I don't know of any other questions out there.  If you go through the TestStand I manual in depth you should be able to pass the exam.  All of the questions are derived from the concepts in that manual.  The other thing you can do is go through some of the examples and understand how they work.  Or even better, make your own examples.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,061 Views)