NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM object that has been seperated from its uderlying RCW cannot be used

I think I'm going to go ahead and upgrade my development system, and see where I'm at after that.

Thank you so much for your assistance Doug.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,101 Views)

I did try and change the Load/Unload options so that the code module is called differently, but the problem still exists and I could not find ANY combination that allows the vi to release from the reserved state at the end of the execution???

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,099 Views)

@ATE_Dude_22 wrote:

I did try and change the Load/Unload options so that the code module is called differently, but the problem still exists and I could not find ANY combination that allows the vi to release from the reserved state at the end of the execution???

If a vi is used by more than one step, all steps which use it would have to have the unload option set to "unload after step executes" for them to be unreserved when not executing. If you select the Edit Code context menu item on a selected step, TestStand will explicitly unload and unreserve that particular vi. Also, if an error is occurring when unloading modules, that could perhaps be causing a module to never get unloaded. You should restart teststand if you get an error such as the one you are describing.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,089 Views)

@ATE_Dude_22 wrote:

I think I'm going to go ahead and upgrade my development system, and see where I'm at after that.

Thank you so much for your assistance Doug.

No problem. Please let us know if it solves the problem for you.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,088 Views)

Upgrading to a current development (NI Developer Suite 2013 DS1) did not solve the problem, however it did exploit many other issues within the TestStand modules that the older version of TestStand didn't appear to mind, which makes me think if I scrubbed the SW i would get rid of this issue.

Unfortunately, because of scheduling issues and production schedules, I have been told to revert back to the previous version, and provide instructions on how to recover in the event of a crash.

Thanks again Doug, do appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,081 Views)