cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# .NET DLL REMOTE (ON CENTRAL SERVER) ERROR

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I designed a DLL Library in C# .net framework 4.0 and made a sequence on teststand to use this library.

Everything works fine if I put the DLL locally to the PC running the sequence.

The problem comes here :

We have a centralized server that contains all DLLs related to the tests and they are loaded in memory from that server.

If I move this DLL anywhere on that server, and go into the tab to set the new path, it actually refuses it with a red-rounded affirmative symbol flashing me a problem with the path.

Here is the real scenario :

Our server is Linux and has a share on it :

\\192.168.3.49\CLIENTSHARE

The DLL is located here :

\\192.168.3.49\CLIENTSHARE\DLLS\dotnetdll.dll

Calling this directly makes the red-rounded affirmative symbol flash in the .net module tab of teststand indicating me that it has a problem but no pop-up message to tell what is failing.

Then I tried to map the network drive share to put aside the authentication process like this :

Y:\DLLS\dotnetdll.dll (with authentication already inside to avoid problems)

Still have the red-rounded affirmative symbol flash in the .net module tab of teststand indicating me that it has a problem but no pop-up message to tell what is failing.

I can't find any discussion on this issue and can't understand what I do wrong?

Why it would work locally and not remotly?

They call CVI DLLs from the same location without any problem.

Please help,

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,947 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ebonneau9

This was a total mistake!

The key in this problem is relative paths so I was way far from the solution at first.

After that, a configuration file with LoadRemoteSource tag set to true to enable full trust for loading DLL from remote folder.

And everything got up and running like a charm.

Hope this will help for someone else.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,937 Views)