From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button clicked flashes but must click again for action

I found this code in tsutil.c which has comments that appear to be addressing the problem area.
For some reason, a programmer wanted to ignore the first click on a tab, and added code to do so.

I tried to comment out the first three lines under case EVENT_TAB_CHANGED:
I created a new obj file and copied it to the various directories. I rebuilt modelsupport2 which includes tsutil.
I don't know what other project modules should be re-built. Thus far, the problem hasn't been solved.

As per the comments below, the user is trying to click on a button on different tab than the last mouse click;
the button control (e.g. Test UUT) flickers, but does nothing.

Am I in the right area? What else uses tsutil and needs to be rebuilt to solve this issue? Is there a
similar workaround somewhere else in the TS code that I must modify?

static int CVICALLBACK TS_ExprCtrl_PanelCallback (int panel, int event, void *callbackData, int eventData1, int eventData2)
{
int error = 0;
int activePanel;
int activeCtrl;
TS_ExprCtrl * exprCtrl;
TS_ExprCtrl_Flags flags = (TS_ExprCtrl_Flags)callbackData;

switch (event)
{
case EVENT_LOST_FOCUS:
case EVENT_GOT_FOCUS:
// controls do not get focus events when their panels gain or lose activation. Thus we need to check explicitly
activePanel = GetActivePanel();
if (activePanel > 0)
activeCtrl = GetActiveCtrl(activePanel);
else
activeCtrl = -1;

// This originally only visited the panel that got the event. However, apparently you can click on a parent and get a focus
// event without any event going to the previously active child?
errChk( TS_ExprCtrl_UpdatePanelFocusStateForGivenActiveCtrl(panel, TRUE, activePanel, activeCtrl));
break;
case EVENT_TAB_CHANGED:
if (!(flags & kTS_ExprCtrl_UseNormalTabCtrlActivation))
DisableFirstCtrlActivationParentTabCtrl(panel); // force any easytab ctrls to never active a control when switching tabs
else
{
// When you click on an inactive tab, EasyTab might make the first control in the tab active or it might make the tab itself active
// depending on whether a control in the previous tab was active. If makes the control active, it also makes the tab panel active.
// This causes the control to draw. Since we haven't gotten a focus event yet, it has the non-focus display value in it.
// We then get a focus event we then draw the focus display value. Thus the control flickers.
// To fix this, when we get the EVENT_TAB_CHANGED event, we pretend like the control has the focus
// so that it is set to its focus display value. We then post a deferred callback to recheck the focus.
// If easytab sets the control to have the focus and activates the panel, the correct value is already displayed
// and our callback will not change it. If easytab does not activate the panel then our callback will
// set the display value back to non-focus value before the screen is redrawn.

if (eventData1 == panel)
{
int activeCtrl;

if (ActivateFirstCtrl(panel))
{
activeCtrl = GetActiveCtrl(panel);

if (activeCtrl > 0)
{
if (GetChainedCallbackData (panel, activeCtrl, kTS_ExprCtrl_Id, (void **)&exprCtrl) >= 0)
errChk( TS_ExprCtrl_UpdateFocusStateForGivenActiveCtrl(exprCtrl, panel, activeCtrl));
}
}

PostDeferredCallToThread(CheckFocusNow, (void *)panel, CurrThreadId ());
}
}
break;
}

Error:
return 0;
}
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11