NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviou of NewExecution method

Hi,

i want to start a sequence with a vi call in it from another sequence. I couldn't configure this sequence
call via Sequence Adapter to my prefered behaviour means that the called sequence isn't executed under any process model, the calling sequence should not wait for execution end of the called sequence and i don't want to see any execution window in Sequence Editor.
My second try was to use the newExecution method from TestStand API via ActiveX Adapter, but my chosen option ExecTypeMask_InitiallyHidden (0x1) for ExecutionTypeMaskParam parameter didn't do the trick either.

How can sequences be called from another without using a process Model, waiting for execution end and displaying an execution window ?

Regards,
Sunny
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,678 Views)
I created a sequence with a call to another sequence, specified that it runs in a new execution, selected the "Initially Hidden and Disable Tracing", "Do not wait", and "Do not use process model" options, and ran it.

It worked fine, no execution window appeared for the subsequence, but the message popup step I put in my subsequence appeared and stayed operable even after then parent sequence had completed.

You should probably double check the settings on your sequence call.
Message 2 of 2
(2,674 Views)