From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Dialog and Model Data Properties

This is an excerpt from batchuutdlg.c in the teststand models folder.  Is there a way to recreate this in labview or Teststand so i can have the dialog box come up with specific sockets disabled status checked.  i have taken care of this in the model so it doesn't matter if the operator tries to use the socket, but I want to make it obvious that they should not try to enter a serial number for that socket.

Thanks in advance! you guys are great!

// Mark socket as being disabled/enabled (the model sequences use this info).
       tsErrChkMsgPopup( TS_PropertySetValBoolean (panelData->testSocketDataArray[i].testSocket,
                  &errorInfo, TEST_SOCKET_DISABLED, 0,
                  (VBOOL)(disabled?VTRUE:VFALSE)));
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,903 Views)

I did come up wih a solution. i used the windows api to tabb and space to check the neccessary disable sockets boxes.  This works fine. I call it in a single step which loops from on all sockets (see the attached jpeg for those settings). The Step calls a VI which consists of a library node call to user32.dll in the windows system folder. I have attached this VI as well.  I would like to here a cleaner solution that allows me to modify the data structure inside modelsupport2.dll.

Thanks

Jason

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,889 Views)

Now I need to Modify the dll even more to change the button captions, etc. Can I do that using CVI?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,855 Views)

All of the code is located in the modelsupport2 project that ships with TestStand.  You can edit this project in CVI.

You will find it in the <TestStand>/Components/NI/Models/TestStandModels/ directory.  I would recommend copying everything to the <TestStand>/Components/User/Models/TestStandModels/ directory before making any changes.

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,844 Views)
Actually, all of the text for button labels and captions is stored in an ini file. Look in Components\NI\Language\English for ModelStrings.ini. There is a section called NI_BATCH_MODEL. If you want custom strings, create a new ini file (i.e. CustomStrings.ini) in the \User\Language\English folder. Copy the section name and keys from the NI file and change the values. Any user ini file will be loaded after the NI file and your values will be used instead.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,841 Views)