NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background color of TestStand 2012 User Interface Reverts Back to Default After Changing

I changed the background color and other properties of the Execution and Sequence TestStand Controls in the TestStand 2012 User Interface example code. When I execute the Top Level.vi the TestStand User Controls revert back to their default colors/properties. I saw this problem in the list of TestStand 2010 known issues, is it also a known problem in 2012?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,104 Views)

Hey kelsayd,

I just tried changing the color of the user interface controls in my user interface (from TestStand 2012) and saw the same behavior. I believe this is because the controls are ActiveX controls and do not permit the same level of customization as LabVIEW controls. I did find this KnowledgeBase article, which mentions the issue and gives one possible solution to the issue: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4E40FA5AEAF3937B86256E89007C74C4?OpenDocument

Hopefully that will help show how you can set this up, and let us know if you have any further questions about it!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,088 Views)

Another option might be to change the settings of the ActiveX button to "Style -> Toolbar" and work with "BackColor". The disadvantage of this approach is that indication of the state "idle" vs. "pressed" is not present anymor except the mouse hovers above the button (esp. important for toggle buttons).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,083 Views)