NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Setting Page Setup to Landscape mode.

Is there any to cause the TestStand reports to be defaulted to landscape orientation? I am very new to XML/XSL and was hoping that there would be a simple way to cause the browser to determine the orientation from the content.

I'd appreciate any help with this.
John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,134 Views)
Hi John,

If you go to Configure >> Report Options, you can change the stylesheet to be horizontal.xsl.  Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,114 Views)
Terry,
I have the report configured to use the horizontal.xls stylesheet. When I print the report, it comes out in portrait. If I change the printer properties in the print dialog to landscape, it will print fine. I want my customer to be able to print in landscape by default without modifying the printer properties every time. I've started to explore XSL Formatting Objects as a possibility but I am not even sure that it is the right direction for this. If you know of something quick and easy, I would appreciate it. While we are on the subject of reports, I would like to add a barcode for a serial number at the top of the report. I have barcode fonts installed to render the barcode. I am a beginner at XML but from what I understand, I would probably have to modify the report header using a callback and then add the appropriate style information in the XSL file to render the barcode. Is this correct?

Thanks,
John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,108 Views)
Hi John,

Your customer needs to change their default settings on their printer.  To do this, go to Control Panel >> Printers and Faxes >> Right-click on the printer and go to Properties.  Click Printer Preferences and change the orientation to landscape.  Click Apply and then OK.  Now when they go to print the report, it should be defaulted to be a landscape.

As for the XML question, you are correct.  You will need to modify the report header using a callback and then add the appropriate style information in the XSL file to render the barcode.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,105 Views)
Hi Terry,
Thanks for the answer. Setting the default printer properties was simple enough and it seemed to set the orientation for me. Now I will go and figure out my report customization. I have a feeling that there is going to be a significant learning curve to understand the XML report document format, schemas and stylesheets.

John

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,098 Views)