NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching User ComboBox to TestStand API

I am using a custom interface that gives my application an Office 2003 look incliding the dockable panels and toolbars, I would like to use the ComboBox controls that I normally use rather than the NI ComboBox that comes with TestStand, How do I connect those custom Combo boxes to the TestStand API?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,909 Views)
There is no simply way to connect non-TestStand UI control to a manager control such that it behaves the same way as a connected TestStand UI control. Instead, you must implement the desired behavior in the usual way you program your controls.

This means you have to use the methods and events that your combo box offers to add and remove items and to respond to user selections.

To obtain the data to populate the combobox or to perform an action in response to a user selection, you might need to call the TestStand API. Which methods you call would of course depend on what you are showing in the combo box.
Message 2 of 3
(2,899 Views)
Thanks, for the information, I was afraid it would be a headache, I guess I will have to wait
for NI to make their controls conform more with the standards.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,892 Views)