NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous VIs considered Code Modules?

Hello All,

Working on documentation for my Workspace/Project/Sequence, and noticed that when I "Insert Code Modules" into the workspace, VIs that I called asynchronously do not show up in the list. Is there a way to show them so that they can be documented and tracked with the regular code modules? Thanks.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,091 Views)

How are you calling the Asynchronous VIs?  Are you using the Run VI Asynchronously step? 

My personal preference is to not use that step and instead use a subsequence with the VI call in it.  This is basically happening under the hood of that step anyway. 

In either case this seems like a bug in the Insert Code Modules functionality.  The only time I would expect code modules to not show up is if they are being called dynamically.  In which case it is impossible to detect.

Not that you are seeking it but here is another tip.  Using the Insert Code Modules is a waste of time in my opinion.  I NEVER do it.  The reason being that now you have to designate 2 different deployment locations for your VIs.  One for the VIs listed in the code modules and one for the SubVIs of those code modules.  If you don't insert them in the workspace/project then they all get put in the same location.

Anyhow, hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,987 Views)