NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of strings in container won't pass to array of strings in LabVIEW cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new to TestStand but am a CLD.  I've taken a 3-day custom course that covered most of TestStand Core 1 and some of Core 2.  I'm using TestStand 2013 and LabVIEW 2013.

I have a VI that needs an input of a cluster containing, in this order:

1D array of strings named Column_Labels

2D array of doubles named Results_Data

1D array of paths named Graphics_File_Paths

1D array of booleans named Pass_Fail

In TestStand I created a custom data type called Maxim_Results from the VI module tab in the sequence.  When I reference a local (MINSYS_Reuslts) that is made from this Type I get the following error:

No corresponding subproperty in argument 'Locals.MINSYS_Results' of type 'Maxim_Results' for cluster element 'Maxim_Results.Column_Labels'

results error.png

If, however, I reference each container element to each cluster element separatley there is no error:

no results error.png

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening?

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,230 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kbbersch

Hey Kelly,

I just set up the situation you described, and it worked properly for me. However, I did notice that in your example where you referenced each element individually, your Column_Labels element is actually called "Column_Lables". If this was also misspelled in the LabVIEW Cluster Passing setting for the custom type, it would cause the behavior you're seeing. Could this possibly be the case?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,224 Views)

You gave me something to look at.  I didn't actually create the sequence and container, it was done by someone else then passed to me.  When I took a closer look at the type in the sequence one of the arrays was marked as "Exclude When Passing Cluster" and the checkbox couldn't be cleared.  I deleted the variables and type then created the type from the cluster and the created the local using the type.  Everything works correctly now.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,220 Views)