NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application works differently under run time license

I used the evaluation period of my TestStand 3.1 to install and debug an application on a computer. I got the application just right and activated 3.1 as a deployment computer. Now the test sequence fails communication steps it passed before. Of course now I can't debug it. Anyone here had similar experiances and/or can think of a solution?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,591 Views)
Hello,

You could be having this problem for several reasons. First, you may not have created a deployment to run your sequences in. You cannot just copy the files and have them work on a deployment license. Many things myst be linked and installed for a deployment to work. Also, you may not have created a deployment correctly. For example, you may be missing support files that you need or the runtime engines. If you can explain more about what you mean when you say the communications are not working, I may be able to determine what the problem is. However, even if we are able to determine the cause of the problem, you cannot edit the program since you are only running with a deployment license. We do offer a debug deployment license that allows you debug previously made deployments. This may be the best option for you if you are not interested in buying the development software. You can find more information about the Debug Deployment License at http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/2841

Thanks,
Caroline
National Instruments
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,577 Views)
Thank you, I do have a development license so can change the code. I just couldn't debug on the deployment computer. But actually the problem was something else
Thanks,
Charles
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,572 Views)