cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Api for Requirements Gateway

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

When looking into NIRG's bin folder there is nirg.tlb.

Is this a public library and is it possible to Remote Control NIRG?

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,502 Views)

There is currently no library or activeX server that allows for remote control of Requirements Gateway.  is there something in particular you are looking to automate?

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,485 Views)

Hi Al,

this is my idea for a production floor repair group (and also for quality assurance just to see that everything is green).

If a UUT will fail the group have to take care.

They open the UUT's report and there is a button that links to NIRG where all is available that they need (Specifcation,Testprogramm,Layout,Schema)

Here comes the part to automate.

Launching NIRG, loading a template, changing all filesnames to the desiered files which are named in te UUT report,

reanalysing the project, push it to screen --> finish.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by j_dodek

Hi Al,

This morning i spent some time to the COM interface (.tbl) which is shipped with nirg.

After some tests, i got it running in that way i liked. Open, Reload and Save Project.

It is  working well. Only on closing i do not know the right parameter value.

It would be nice on future releases that there is a short parameter description.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,393 Views)

I spoke with the Requirements Gateway development team regarding this issue.  Since this API is not supported or well tested, we do not have much information available on it as I mentioned, but they did provide guidance on using the quit function.  you should be able to use it successfully using no parameters, e.g. kernel.Quit(), since the parameter is optional.  Let me know if you are still having problems.

Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,368 Views)

Hi Al,

If the function Kernel.Quit() is empty an exception occurs and and NIRG is still open.

If not empty like Kernel.Quit("Exit Programm"). A Messagebox with Exit Programm comes up.

After klicking on OK an exception occurs, too but NIRG is closed as desired.

So at the moment this is working for me.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,355 Views)

Hi Juergen,

The developer indicated that he has seen differences in behavior using the API in VS versus LabVIEW.  he has provided a VI which successfully exits.  Can you test this and let me know if it works on your end?

Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,314 Views)

Hi all,

I'm quite aware that I'm digging up the dead by posting in this thread. However there were no useful examples for remote controlling NIRG and actually extracting useful information. That is however exactly what I needed for our CI pipelines.

Attached is the code which extracts which Requirements passed/failed as well as the mored detailed information (can be used for serializing the JUnit output which can be used by Jenkins).

Mathis

edit: just adding to this, I've attached one of the NIRG examples (slightly modified to make it fail). Simply add the .rqtf file in the path and run the VI (NIRG obviously has to be installed)

Message 8 of 8
(2,585 Views)