From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 34980 + TestStand

I am currently running my teststand sequences on a control board which is basically a bunch of relays and other signals that are read over a serial port. Since the board is getting old we might replace it with a 34980 we have laying around. Can I control the 34980 through TS? The documentation I've found seems sparse on this.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,474 Views)
Controlling a 34980 is no different than controlling any other instrument. Keysight has an IVI driver that can be used with the built-in steps as well as a LabVIEW driver. I used the LabVIEW one as the basis of a custom step.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,438 Views)

Yes, I found some example VIs but I dont have LV development installed, only Test stand and Signal Express. Is there a way around this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,395 Views)
TestStand users would typically have a programming language installed for creating/calling code modules. Are you saying you don't intend to have anything else besides TestStand itself? That's a bit weird. If that's the case, you would be limited to using the IVI driver and the built-in IVI steps. What are you using now for the serial communication?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,380 Views)