NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 34980 + TestStand

I am currently running my teststand sequences on a control board which is basically a bunch of relays and other signals that are read over a serial port. Since the board is getting old we might replace it with a 34980 we have laying around. Can I control the 34980 through TS? The documentation I've found seems sparse on this.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,450 Views)
Controlling a 34980 is no different than controlling any other instrument. Keysight has an IVI driver that can be used with the built-in steps as well as a LabVIEW driver. I used the LabVIEW one as the basis of a custom step.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,414 Views)

Yes, I found some example VIs but I dont have LV development installed, only Test stand and Signal Express. Is there a way around this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,371 Views)
TestStand users would typically have a programming language installed for creating/calling code modules. Are you saying you don't intend to have anything else besides TestStand itself? That's a bit weird. If that's the case, you would be limited to using the IVI driver and the built-in IVI steps. What are you using now for the serial communication?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,356 Views)