NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Results Failing to Post

I have a sequence with the following structure: Main -->Interface Type 1 ----->Test 1 ----->Test 2 -->Interface Type 2 ..... The problem I am experiencing is that results are not being reported in Test 1 but are being reported in Test 2. However, when using On-the-Fly reporting the results are posted in both sequences just fine. I've gone through both test sequences to ensure I had selected to report the proper pieces of info, and there are no differences between my reporting set-up between the two tests. I've even gone as far as renaming the problematic sequence in hopes that maybe there was some astronomically-slim-chance-of-experiencing character bug. Has anyone experienced this before? Is this an issue with the reporting format chosen? For the briefest of backgrounds, I am using TestStand 2013 and using ATML 5.0 as my reporting format.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,618 Views)

To clarify somewhat (I'm working on the project with Nick), there's a top-level sequence that calls a subsequence A, that calls a subsequence B, that calls a subsequence C. In the report, we see that subsequence B shows that the execution of subsequence C passed, but there are no results in the report that show the steps within subsequence C.

We're using the standard NI sequential process model with no callback overrides, and the ATML report format.

Here's an interesting thing: I looked at the execution of the system yesterday for a short time, and turned on "on the fly" reporting. I paused before subsequence C started, then single-stepped through subsequence C, and saw the report being populated with all of the steps. Unfortunately, the process model crapped out at the end when it tried to create the report (said the report file already existed - I don't mind so much about this, as I don't really want to use on-the-fly reporting anyway).

Hey Nick: whcih version of TestStand are we using?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,591 Views)

We are using TestStand 2013 (v 5.1.0.226)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,589 Views)

Hi Nick,

I've tried to replicate this on my end and am not seeing the same behavior. Do you mind posting the sequence you have the displays this behavior on the forum?

Regards

Carli S.
Troubleshooting & Maintenance Digital Business Manager - NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,565 Views)

Make sure that you did not disable result recording on the sequence call step which calls sequence C.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,532 Views)

Carli,

See the attached *.piz folder for the problematic code.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,470 Views)

@dug9000 wrote:

Make sure that you did not disable result recording on the sequence call step which calls sequence C.

I don't *think* we did, I checked the sequence and subsequence settings and didn't see anything untoward...

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,467 Views)