From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Entrypoint String in NI_ParallelModel Data (Teststand 4.2)

Hi,

I am converting a 2012 Parallel model sequence into a Teststand 4.2 Parallel Model.

First issue I saw is the insert field in the Parameters('Pre UUT').Modeldata, is greyed out. Basically I would like to add the string "EntryPoint".

The  Parameters('Pre UUT').Modeldata is passed by reference, type is NI_ParallelModelData which is similar to 2012 parallel model.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Don

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,715 Views)

Hi,

Could you please give us a little more insight as to the desired end functionality? Is there a particular reason why you'd like to modify this? This would help in pointing you to the best/easiest to implement option. Thanks!

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,685 Views)

I'm attaching this for reference purpses

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052M-01/tsref/infotopics/process_model_changes_in_ts2012/

Again, more information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,684 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I am downgrading existing 2012 Test exec with custom interface to 2009 equivalent version.

The custom interface in 2012 needs the Entrypoint field in the parameters.modeldata (type NI_ParallelModelData2)

In 2012, the custom interface is called at DoPreUUT, but in 2009, it does not use DoPreUUT, but I can give a try to mimic it.

Then in the parameters.modeldata it does not have entrypoint field.

Where is the menu for the migrating from 2012 process model to 2009 process model?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,675 Views)

There is a legacy model switcher utility in TestStand 2012 and later to switch to the old style of process model. It is in the start menu until Tools->Compatibility.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,664 Views)