NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Entrypoint String in NI_ParallelModel Data (Teststand 4.2)

Hi,

I am converting a 2012 Parallel model sequence into a Teststand 4.2 Parallel Model.

First issue I saw is the insert field in the Parameters('Pre UUT').Modeldata, is greyed out. Basically I would like to add the string "EntryPoint".

The  Parameters('Pre UUT').Modeldata is passed by reference, type is NI_ParallelModelData which is similar to 2012 parallel model.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Don

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,718 Views)

Hi,

Could you please give us a little more insight as to the desired end functionality? Is there a particular reason why you'd like to modify this? This would help in pointing you to the best/easiest to implement option. Thanks!

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,688 Views)

I'm attaching this for reference purpses

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052M-01/tsref/infotopics/process_model_changes_in_ts2012/

Again, more information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,687 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I am downgrading existing 2012 Test exec with custom interface to 2009 equivalent version.

The custom interface in 2012 needs the Entrypoint field in the parameters.modeldata (type NI_ParallelModelData2)

In 2012, the custom interface is called at DoPreUUT, but in 2009, it does not use DoPreUUT, but I can give a try to mimic it.

Then in the parameters.modeldata it does not have entrypoint field.

Where is the menu for the migrating from 2012 process model to 2009 process model?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,678 Views)

There is a legacy model switcher utility in TestStand 2012 and later to switch to the old style of process model. It is in the start menu until Tools->Compatibility.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,667 Views)