NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing TS Watch view window in LabVIEW user interface?

HI All

I am trying to build TS user interface in LabVIEW. I want to give ability to user to debug sequence while running.(ability to put breakpoint and view the value of variables in watch view window).

Can we access TS watch view window in LabVIEW .I did not find any activex control for it.

If not how can you give user ability to debug sequence?

Does anyone have idea about this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,434 Views)

Connect a TestStand UI ListBox Control to the TestStand UI ExecutionView Manager control using the ConnectCallStack method.

I believe that gives you a watch pane.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,413 Views)

hi

I have tried using that.Call stack gives you option to view current execution from the list of executions.(Call stack in TS basically).

It does not give you watch view interface . 😞

Basically I want user to give option to debug sequence . So on the execution view control he should be able to put breakpoint and then once execution reaches breakpoint , he should be able tov view variables values by adding them in watch view pane.

any ideas how to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,400 Views)

My bad.  I was confused.  Unfortunately that control is not exposed like the others.  Even if you did find it in one of the assemblies I'm not sure you can connect it like the other activex controls.

Sorry!

You can suggest it on the idea exchange.  I think it would be great to have that ability in a UI.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,387 Views)

Yes...I think it will be of great help to have that feature.

Meanwhile I have to now search for other options to meet my requirement. Smiley Indifferent

Thanks for d help!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,366 Views)