From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing IVI-COM Driver through TestStand ActiveX Steps

Is all you are wanting to do is set the horizontal scale on the scope?  If so, I can see using a few ActiveX steps to perform this.  However, if you are doing anything involving acquistion or anything involved, I would recommend using a code module to perform these operations.  Looking at your sequence file, one possible problem area is that typically IVI functions have an additional parameter that is an out parameter.  Typically the additional paramter would be an instrument handle that could be used in later steps.  For instance, IVI_Scope in CVI has a prototype as follows: int status = IviScope_InitWithOptions(char* logical_name, int ID_Query, int Reset, char* Options, VISession instrument_handle) where instrument handle would be a simple reference to the scope.

Again, this is just a possible trouble area.  I would look into the ActiveX object help to find out how this function is supposed to work, and I would also consider whether ActiveX steps are the best way to access the instrument in this case (or whether a code module might be best).
Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(924 Views)
I was able to resolve this issue (thanks to Marcela from VI-Tech), the issue was with corrupt installation of IVI driver. The same file did run successfully after cleaning the PC and installing the driver again.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(898 Views)