From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMTL Report Seqeunce?

I am looking into creating ATML reports for my TestStand application.

I see the various elements and types that the default ATML stylesheet supports, but the actual conversion of the mainSequenceResults into an ATML file is in a C DLL. So I don't know how the Results from my sequence must be structured to take advantage of the various ATML types (for example, an Event).

Where can I find this information?

I would also be interested in a sequence version of the ATML report generation (instead of a C DLL). Does such exist?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,680 Views)
Hi

Answers to your questions:
"I would also be interested in a sequence version of the ATML report generation (instead of a C DLL). Does such exist?"
There does not exist a sequence version of the ATML report generation.
The source code of the DLL version ships with TestStand 3.5 and can be found under
<TestStand>\Components\NI\Models\TestStandModels\ATML folder.

"So I don't know how the Results from my sequence must be structured to take advantage of the various ATML types (for example, an Event)."
Unfortunately there is no documentation for the mapping between TestStand's mainSequenceResults (ResultList) to the ATML report
but that is a valid suggestion.

" (for example, an Event)"
The Event element is populated from one of 2 things.
1. If a step result has a report text then it is put in the event field
2. If a step has an error msg, it is populated in the event field

We at National Instruments would be interested in contacting you off-line to get more information about your application and also to help answer your questions.
Is it OK if we contact you via email?

Regards
Anand Jain
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,651 Views)