NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A fast way to write to the operator interface

Hi All.

I have a speed problem with writing to the OI, I have built a seq with around 900 measurements, and this seq takes about 33sec when called from the editor (with tracing disabled).

If I launch my OI (slightly changed NI simple OI), then the seq takes about 36sec.....

Then I enable tracing... and then it takes about 80sec..... hmmmm...

The last thing is that I have made a seq model post step (VI call), that makes a PostUIMessageEx to the OI with a text string describing what the last step has measured, this gives a time of 56sec......

So what to do...... maybe I can discard my post step vi and make it directly in the seq... maybe that will helps..........

are anybody have other ideas ????

I just need some simple information like..

Stepnumber, Step.Result.Numeric, step.Limits.low and step.limits.high.........  I just need a simple text indicator... just so the operator can see how it goes..

A shame that the tracer is so slow.... it is so pretty.. 🙂

Kind regards Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,573 Views)
Instead of the PostStep and using the ActiveX, try putting the inforomation in a named queue and then draining that queue in the OI. Another thing that I use is to break the 900 measurments into sub-sequences and then trace only on the result of the sequence (don't trace into the sub-sequence). This provides a nice progress indicator if you can divide the 900 measurements into reasonably homogeneous chunks that make sense in a report.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,562 Views)