NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34980A VISA communication

Hello,

New user of LabVIEW and TestStand here. I'm trying to write some basic sequence files for an automated test platform. I have the VI's written to my satisfaction but can't seem to get them to work in TestStand. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with identifying the instrument. In the Variables section I copied the FileGlobals froma previous customer supplied sequence and did the same with the VISA resource name field in the Step Settings window (See attachment 1). When I try to ruin the sequence I get the error shown in attachment 2). Any hints on what I should try? Again, my knowledge of LabView and TestStand (as well as VISA protocols) is VERY limited. Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,177 Views)

LesKing2014,

Is the device showing up in  NI MAX if so could you send a screen shot of the device in MAX. Does you VI work as a stand alone VI in LabVIEW. If so what is the VISA resource name you are using.

Matt P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,135 Views)

Matt,

The device is showing up in NI MAX (Figure 1)

Figure 2 shows the step setting before I copied and pasted info from an earlier (MUCH earlier) customer supplied sequnce.

Figure 3 shows the LabVIEW VI front panel. This shows that the VI ran correctly and measured a 1k resistor on the 34980A channel 1001.

BTW..I'm working with LabVIEW and TestStand 2014, 64-bit versions  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,120 Views)
The content of the file global that you are passing to the VI must be the same as what you see in MAX. I don't see where the global is defined or its value. Instead of using a file global, try setting the value in the step properties directly.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,107 Views)