NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 TestStand Training (Failed to Load VI)

Running TestStand 2013 and I also have LabView 2013 installed.

Running through some of the training exercises (Exercise 4) and I receive this error:

Error Code modules must be able to load General Module for Step 'Volume Label Test' not Loadable. Failed to load VI 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Examples\TestStand 1Exercises\CD Test\Code Modules\Volume Information.vi' in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine version '10.0.1f4'.

LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.

VI Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Examples\TestStand 1Exercises\CD Test\Code Modules\Volume Information.vi CD Test.seq Seq["MainSequence"].Main["Volume Label Test"].TS.SData

The two subVIs that TS looks for when I investigate through the module tab in Step Settings:

Error Cluster From Error Code.vi

System Exec.vi

Not sure why TS does not find these subVIs

Fernando

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,344 Views)

Hello fhernandez, 

Do you have any other version of LabVIEW installed? It seems like it is looking for LabVIEW 2010 runtime engine, while you have LabVIEW 2013

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,299 Views)

What is your LabVIEW adapter settings in TestStand?  Sounds like you should use the Development Environment for this.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,277 Views)

Hmm.. So I installed LV2010 and resolved the proble.

For some reason, I thought that VIs created in 2010 could be run using the 2013 run-time engine.

Thanks for the help!

Fernando

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,234 Views)

Hi Fernando,

A VI generally consists of two parts: the source code and the compiled code. The source code is generally portable from one LabVIEW development environment to the next one. The compiled code is however specific to a certain run-time version.

LV2010 VIs can be run in the 2013 development environment as the 2010 specific compiled code is being re-built for the 2013 run-time engine once you do this.

You can however not run a 2010 VI in the 2013 run-time-environment ... it needs to get re-built by the development environment first.

In your case you could have simply installed the 2010 run-time environment and it would have worked. You wouldn't have needed to install a complete development environment.

Best Regards

Mathis

Message 5 of 6
(4,228 Views)

Hello, I'm obtaning the same error:

Module for Step 'Action' not Loadable. Failed to load VI 'C:\Users\\Desktop\TestStand\teststand.vi' in the 'LabVIEW Development System' version '17.0f2'. Unable to load VI 'teststand.vi' in 'LabVIEW Development System' because the VI is broken.

I developed my vi (in FPGA) in LabVIEW 2017 and my version of TestStand is 2016, is this the problmen?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,630 Views)