From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 TestStand Training (Failed to Load VI)

Running TestStand 2013 and I also have LabView 2013 installed.

Running through some of the training exercises (Exercise 4) and I receive this error:

Error Code modules must be able to load General Module for Step 'Volume Label Test' not Loadable. Failed to load VI 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Examples\TestStand 1Exercises\CD Test\Code Modules\Volume Information.vi' in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine version '10.0.1f4'.

LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.

VI Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Examples\TestStand 1Exercises\CD Test\Code Modules\Volume Information.vi CD Test.seq Seq["MainSequence"].Main["Volume Label Test"].TS.SData

The two subVIs that TS looks for when I investigate through the module tab in Step Settings:

Error Cluster From Error Code.vi

System Exec.vi

Not sure why TS does not find these subVIs

Fernando

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,374 Views)

Hello fhernandez, 

Do you have any other version of LabVIEW installed? It seems like it is looking for LabVIEW 2010 runtime engine, while you have LabVIEW 2013

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,329 Views)

What is your LabVIEW adapter settings in TestStand?  Sounds like you should use the Development Environment for this.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,307 Views)

Hmm.. So I installed LV2010 and resolved the proble.

For some reason, I thought that VIs created in 2010 could be run using the 2013 run-time engine.

Thanks for the help!

Fernando

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,264 Views)

Hi Fernando,

A VI generally consists of two parts: the source code and the compiled code. The source code is generally portable from one LabVIEW development environment to the next one. The compiled code is however specific to a certain run-time version.

LV2010 VIs can be run in the 2013 development environment as the 2010 specific compiled code is being re-built for the 2013 run-time engine once you do this.

You can however not run a 2010 VI in the 2013 run-time-environment ... it needs to get re-built by the development environment first.

In your case you could have simply installed the 2010 run-time environment and it would have worked. You wouldn't have needed to install a complete development environment.

Best Regards

Mathis

Message 5 of 6
(4,258 Views)

Hello, I'm obtaning the same error:

Module for Step 'Action' not Loadable. Failed to load VI 'C:\Users\\Desktop\TestStand\teststand.vi' in the 'LabVIEW Development System' version '17.0f2'. Unable to load VI 'teststand.vi' in 'LabVIEW Development System' because the VI is broken.

I developed my vi (in FPGA) in LabVIEW 2017 and my version of TestStand is 2016, is this the problmen?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,660 Views)