cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-18370 error, scc system has not been initialized

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm getting the error in the subject when choosing the menu source control/scc provider options.  I am using perforce, and I have a workspace open with projects and files.  Also, when going to configure/station options/source control, I do not see perforce in the drop down menu.  Is there perhaps a module I missed when installing teststand?  I know I've used this in the past but stopped when I realized the directories in the workspace were not auto-populating, limiting it's usefulness.  I went back to using P4V.  But now I am using a workspace for deploying teststand and would like to get source control working again.  Any ideas?

Thanks

David J.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,737 Views)

David,

You need to download and install the Perforce SCC Plug-in.  The plug-in is no longer installed with the P4V client.

To install it, do the following

1. In the Perforce Downloads page, select the tab "Browse by Component"

2. Then, click on Plug-ins & Integrations

3. Finally, click on SCC Plug-in

After you intall the SCC plug-in, restart TestStand and you should see the Perforce in the drop down menu.

Hope this helps,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,729 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to post back here but I was never able to find this plugin.  It seems on their site there are several called P4SCC, for different things other than teststand.  Do you see it?  Can I bother you to possibly provide a link?  I'd appreciate it.  Thanks

David J.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,673 Views)
Solution
Accepted by david_jenkinson

Hi,

I found this link: http://maillist.perforce.com/perforce/downloads/component.html

From TestStand help: TestStand integrates with any SCC system that supports the Microsoft SCC interface. 

The Visual Studio SCC plug-in should work.

Thanks,
Jim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,658 Views)

I finally found it, seems to work, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,655 Views)