NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% processor load

Hello there,
I checked out a new strange behavior with TestStand 3.1 and LabVIEW 7.1. I use a SubVi in a Step to get the SubPropertiesNames. (See "GetSubProps2.JPG") I want to code it right and used the "Merge Errors.vi", because if the "Close Reference.vi" gets an error the reference will not be closed. But after closing the Step after calling via EditStep-method, the processor load goes up to 100%.
I had hard to search for the cause. I had to remove the "Merge Errors.vi" that it will be work. (see "GetSubProps1.JPG") But why?
I can't understand this strange behavior. So if somebody has a made a similar experience - please answer.. 

Ciao TPoint
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,980 Views)

Hi,

You shouldn't have to do what your are doing as in GetSubProps2.JPG, because the Close Reference function peforms normally even if an error occurs outside and before of the function.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,960 Views)

Hi Ray,

I tried it and you are right. But this is new for me. Is there a difference to older LabView versions or to TestStand references? In the past I often had the problem that some activeX References were not be closed caused this..

But do you know, why merge error doesn't work? What is the difference?

Thanks TPoint

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,960 Views)

Hi TPoint,

It probably is working but it depends how big that error cluster is, it could be quite large, an you know what happens to labview an larger array of clusters can do, especially if they is no delay in a loop. Basically it grabs all the processor.

There was a problem, I think the change from labVIEW 5.x to labVIEW 6.0, (I think) which caused a problem in the LabVIEW Operator Interface. This was resolved by passing the reference through a shift register, as you have done with the error.

Now, I also do this with references.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,950 Views)
Hi Ray,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. I had the process loads after closing the Vi (step), which called the GetSubProps.vi (SubVi) not (really) while executing this SubVi. I had it as only one SubPropertyName was read and without any error. That made it so complicatet to find the reason of processor load.
The processor load get down when I left LabVIEW (not before)
It was the same effect like I don't close the reference..

By the way I think I got problems with open references since TestStand 3.1 (I don't really remember on such effects in TestStand 2.1)

Ciao TPoint

Message Edited by TPoint on 01-05-2006 07:06 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,946 Views)