NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Bruce

Step highlighting or tagging

When working with multiple long sequences it would be nice to bookmark locations making it easy to find where you were previously working.  The bookmark could be line highlighting or an icon on the left gutter.  Bookmarks would be saved with sequence.  Multiple colors or icon would be available.

SequenceEditorStepHighliting.jpg

3 Comments
AllenP
NI Employee (retired)

I think you could do this with attributes and changing the step column list.  Having this integrated would be nice, but you could put an attribute on any step that defines the color, then if it exists, change the background to that color with the SequenceView configuration options.

Jervin Justin
NI Employee (retired)

A nice addition to this might be similar to Visual Studio where you have toolbar buttons to jump between (and toggle) bookmarks

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
EMR

some sort of quick CVI-like shift+F2 to tag, and then F2 to toggle between tags would be super handy on long sequences. I agree that i can just change attributes, but ideally it would be some sort of quick hotkey that you can mash during development to stop scrolling so much. easy on/easy off, ideally invisible during execution.

Cheers,
Elaine R.
www.bloomy.com