NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
bestware

Skip SequenceFileLoad callback by Sequence Editor configuration

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

Would be nice to have a possibility to skip execution of SequenceFileLoad callback by sequence editor configuration. It happened to me, that I've got 'dirty' programmed sequence files, which crashed sequence editor.  Loading & debugging required additional work than.

5 Comments
Norbert_B
Proven Zealot

As sequence file load/unload callbacks can contain critical code for the sequence execution, i dislike the idea to disable those on a global scale (for a single UI).

The question is "why does your callback crash the process?". Simply removing the offending code doesn't help in that question.

The best option would be to have an option to disable execution of the (load) callback for the next file you load. That would be an idea i can support to deal with corrupt/misdesigned/bugged load callbacks.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
bestware

Agree to Norbert_B's suggestion. This would give one the possibility to modify faulty code. On the other side it prevents from permanent disabling load callback by mistake.

dug9000
NI Employee (retired)

Another idea is to just rename the code modules used by the load callback. Then you will get an error that the code modules could not be found, rather than a crash and you could then fix the sequence and/or code modules.

Elaine_R.
Active Participant

you can already disable loads when calling Engine.GetSequenceFileEx, and I've done so when creating tools that sweep through heirarchies of files, but I'm not sure this is a feature I'd ever want built into my station options.  for a workaround to your specific problem with this damaged sequence, you could quickly write a set of api calls to load and display the file with that optional flag set to supress load callback?

--Elaine R

WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver