NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
csduetto

HW query capability in Sequence File

I'm going to mark this as Declined because NI is solving this issue in another product.

SystemLink has this capability and has integration with TestStand through SystemLink Test Module. You can enable the Asset Report in the Test Module plugin and a report will be uploaded with each test result that contains details about the state of all of the instruments in the system.

For one of our test racks we have a PXI Rack that is full of Measurement HW devices from NI.  Recently tow of the cards in the rack were returned to us from the calibration house with OOT (Out of Tolerance) as found readings.  This put into question the product tested and shipped in the past year.  Since the test fixture is used to test 14 different assemblies, I wanted to use Teststand to generate a report that told me what hardware was being utilized during the sequence of each assembly that is tested on this fixture.  It appears that unless one intentionally adds certain system configuration information into the VI that can be read in as a variable in Teststand, that this process will be very tedious in looking at each vi called out by the sequence file and looking for HW callouts.  It would be great to have this capability baked into the handshaking between VI's and Teststand to allow for a simple query within TestStand.  c.S.

1 Comment
WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm going to mark this as Declined because NI is solving this issue in another product.

SystemLink has this capability and has integration with TestStand through SystemLink Test Module. You can enable the Asset Report in the Test Module plugin and a report will be uploaded with each test result that contains details about the state of all of the instruments in the system.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver