From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Mustanghipo65

Expression Checker for Sequence

Having multiple engineers working on code is an issue for me when a person writing an expression doesn't check for errors. I myself am sometimes a culprit of this. The error doesn't show up until Teststand trys to evaluate it, some code will not show errors if the sequence flow doesn't access the step with errors.

It sure would be nice to have a tool that checks for expression errors either in the whole sequence file or a called sequence.

Why do geeks think Halloween and Christmas occur on the same day?
Because 31oct = 25dec!
5 Comments
RayFarmer
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi,

Suggest you check out the TestStand Beta at www.ni.com/beta. You will have to register.

regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
Mustanghipo65

Has that feature been added to the beta?

Why do geeks think Halloween and Christmas occur on the same day?
Because 31oct = 25dec!
RayFarmer
Trusted Enthusiast

There has been new features added that may be of interest to you. That's all I can say.

Regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
DRock
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: In Beta
Hi Mustanghipo65, I'm changing the status of your idea to "In Beta." As Ray implies, the Beta for NI TestStand 2010 includes a new Sequence Analyzer utility and framework that allows you to programmatically check for expression errors before executing a sequence. I expect that for your stated use case (and much, much more) you'll find it extremely valuable in reducing sequence development time and I'm excited to see how our customers use the utility. You should note, however, that the Beta program for NI TestStand 2010 is now closed, so you'll have to be on the lookout for the release of NI TestStand 2010. Derrick Snyder Product Manager NI TestStand | NI DIAdem
Derrick S.
Product Manager
NI DIAdem
National Instruments
Santiago D
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed