NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayFarmer

Beable to pass parameters with the Sequence used in Post Actions

When you set the Post Action On Pass | On Fail in a step to use Call sequence, the only ways to pass data to this sequence is either use some sort of Global (StationGlobals / FileGlobals) or use Locals with the setting "Propagate to SubSequence".

There should be a cleaner way and that is to beable to pass parameters as you do with SequenceCall step type.

new Post Action.PNG

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
3 Comments
j_dodek
Active Participant

Hi Ray

I am just writting a step, where on passed a stuiped flag should be set. What i am doing is add a statement after

the step looking at prevoius status and set the flag. I am doing this stuipd stuff all the years. I remembered your idea here

so it was time to place a commend here because your ideas very good. If this in TS, i can get rid of a lot of statements, which nobody else understand why i have placed them, because they belong to the previous ones !

Regards

juergen   

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
Romain_Duval
Active Participant

I know the topic is old and related to 2010SP1 version but there is a simple way to workaround this limitation by using a wrapping, though it is not direct:

wrapper_system.png

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

warren_scott
Active Participant

Yes you have access to something that is called locals, but those locals are local to the wrapper sequence, NOT the locals variables of the parent sequence the original step was in.  And you don't have (direct) access to the Step.* variables of the original step with the postaction.  You *might* be able to get around this by using RunState.Caller.*