NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
~jiggawax~

Allow Sequence Adapter to expand containers in the module tab

I think it would be a great idea to allow the sequence adapter to expand containers like the CVI and LabVIEW adapters do when you are editing the module for the step. 

See attachment.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
26 Comments
SteenSchmidt
Trusted Enthusiast

Just ran into this yet again today, and was dumbfounded when I (re)remembered that this isn't a feature of TestStand (yet, hopefully).

Oh well, just one of those kludges we have to drag around to make TestStand dance to our beat...

But, for the love of God, please implement this feature.

/Steen

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion
cous

We just ran into this while trying to pass data into a subSequence. This would be a very nice feature to have. As it is, we will have to use local variables within the subsequence to pass our data as opposed to using parameters, which would make more sense. Tally another vote for this feature.

Mirash

Please implement...

Spoiler

Coding is a combination of intelligent and creative work - someone
AustinManinTown
Active Participant

A student in my TestStand class asked about this exact feature. It is a great idea.

David C
SumitN

This would be a very helpful feature. I pass containers back and forth through sequence calls. I would be able to make the variables much cleaner if the containers were expandable. The sequence analyzer does not catch container mismatch, i.e if I edit the container later and forget to update the sub-sequence I am calling (since I pass the same contanier to multiple sub-sequences) then the sequence errors out during execution. I can catch these problems before finding them in production, if the container was expandable

Mr._Jim
Active Participant

Yes, please. I'm passing in a ton of parameters as options for my model plugin and I have to break them out individually as parameters, then set the typedef instance internally. (This is painful, especially if I have to add more options in the future)

DMD

Please implement...

RavensFan
Knight of NI

If you want it then click the Kudo Star to register your vote.  That is how the Idea Exchange works.  Kudoes are votes.  Just saying you want it implemented in a comment doesn't count.

Cabman

Kudos entered.

Spend an hour or so trying to figure out how to do it; until I search and found this. Seems so obvious it should be implemented.

AustinManinTown
Active Participant

This is still a good idea in 2019! Maybe it will be in the next version of TestStand. Pretty please 🙂

David C