NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryG

Add support for relative paths and Environment Variables in the Installation Destination for Installers

Since not every path on the hard drive can be in the drop down list, and some may be higher up in the tree from paths that are in the drop down list (and some may not be there at all) it would be great if we could specify relative paths and/or environment variables.

For example:

TestStand Application Data (for Windows 7) = "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand". But, I want to install a file structure starting at "C:\ProgramData". Currently, my only options are to write a custom command to copy the files over after install to some other directory that's in the combo box. But this isn't great because things can be easily left behind on uninstall.

With a relative path, I could specify the subdirectory of to be "..\.." and with Windows environment variable support, I could specify %ALLUSERSPROFILE%. Either would take me to "C:\ProgramData".

Having tried both of these in TS2010sp1 installer builds, neither of these seem to be supported, and it would be awesome if they were in the future.

Thanks!

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
1 Comment
~jiggawax~
Trusted Enthusiast

This would be great.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~