From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Multisim Connectivity Toolkit Beta Discussion

hi,

I want to whether it is possible to control the potentiometer vlaues in multisim circuits with controls in labview???

If possible please send me the procedure or any example related to it. 

is it possible to observe different outputs simultaneously??(I mean different node voltages)

waiting for your replies........ 

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 43
(5,940 Views)

Hi. Currently potentiometers and other interactive components (e.g. switches) are not enable to be changed using the toolkit (or the API in itself). We are planning to add this functionality in a future version.

One way to workaround it is by instead using two resistors in series. You can then use the RLC Value (Set) VI to change both of the resistors value to complement 100%. E.g. you want 30% of the potentiometer, you set Rpot_1 to 70% and Rpot_2 to 30%. You can certainly use LabVIEW knob controls to do this as long as you calculate the value of the two resistors making up the fake potentiometer.

And lastly, yes, you can configure your Multisim simulation for multiple outputs, however the Get Output Data VI will only read one channel at a time. So you need to place one Get Output Data VI per channel. They won't conflict.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 43
(5,937 Views)

thanks for such a fast response.

if u dont mind can you post a simple example to set a r,l,c values with a controller??

if possible input sources also?? 

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 43
(5,933 Views)