NI Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Multisim Connectivity Toolkit Beta Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread about the LabVIEW Multisim Connectivity Toolkit Beta. Please post any questions, comments, or suggestions about the toolkit here. We will gladly review your feedback towards improving this new technology.

The LabVIEW Multisim Connectivity Toolkit Beta provides a LabVIEW-based wrapper around the Automation API or COM Interface Server that Multisim exposes. This toolkit gives you the opportunity to control Multisim simulations, send and receive data, change components in a Multisim circuit file, get circuit images, and so on. Everything from a familiar LabVIEW library environment.

After installing the toolkit you will find the VIs under the Connectivity and the Addons palette menus. The system requirements for this toolkit are:

LabVIEW 8.5 and higher

Multisim 10.1 Power Professional or Educational Editions

Multisim 10.0 will work, but that version exposes a limited set of functions, so some VIs will not work. An error message will alert you of this.

LabVIEW 8.6 users, please note that the toolkit will only show up under Addons. It is recommended that you also mass compile the directory where the library is installed.

For these and other important notes please check the readme.html file, located in the installer source, or after installing, in the LabVIEW Help folder, under the MultisimVIReference folder.

Thank you for trying out this new toolkit and please let us know what you think about it. We are also interested in understanding how you are planning to use it.

Best regards,

Message Edited by Support on 09-15-2008 12:16 PM
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 43
(19,489 Views)
I Install all, but i haven't the palette....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 43
(19,427 Views)

Hi, thanks for trying out the toolkit. Could you please reply back with some info?... I would like to know, the following:

1. Which version of LV do you have?
  2. Did the installer finished completely?
  3. Did it installed a Multisim folder under the <LV DIR>\vi.lib\ folder?
  4. On the functions palette, under the Connectivity or under the Addons categories do you see Multisim?

Best regards,

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 43
(19,424 Views)

now, works...

After the installation you must restart Windows.... But there is not this message...

Ok.. i try to use all..

Best regards,

Nestor
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 43
(19,422 Views)

Hi, you shouldn't have to restart Windows. However you do need to restart LabVIEW if you had it open. LabVIEW refreshes its palettes every time its launched. Could this have been the problem? Or was a Windows restart a must?

Let me know, based on the tests made no restart was needed, but if we find out that some users require it I will add a message at the end of the installer so users would be aware of it.

Thanks for replying back.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 43
(19,419 Views)

So.

At the first i installed The TKit.

After i started with LabVIEW and the palette was empty...

So i restarted windows....

and so... LabVIEW shows the Multisim Palette

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 43
(19,417 Views)
Thanks for the feedback, I will plan to modify the installer and advise users to restart Windows as part of the troubleshooting tips.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 43
(19,415 Views)
Is possible to have some examples to work?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 43
(19,413 Views)

We are working on building some sample files, they are not ready yet. However, in LabVIEW, go to Help > Multisim Connectivity Toolkit Help... and look for the Programming Guide section, inside you will find some useful flowcharts.

Once we have some sample files I will definitely post them here.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 43
(19,411 Views)
Hi. I'm currently doing a project involving automation design of analog circuit by using genetic algorithm. I find out that this particular toolkit is very useful for my project but I have difficulty in implementing the functions in the toolkit despite reading the toolkit help. What I want to do is writing the SPICE netlist from the component values that I generated randomly, do the simulation and get the transfer function..is it possible to do that by using this toolkit? 
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43
(18,242 Views)