NI Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Multisim Connectivity Toolkit Beta Discussion

Hi Rahairi,

Thanks for sharing this with us. We will be working to improve the error messaging and event to make those weird errors more understandable in figure out how to avoid them. I have requested to generate a Event whenever an error happens so that you can quickly do some error management. We are also looking for ways to pass on any SPICE generated errors (that you typically see in the Spreadsheet View in Multisim) to LabVIEW.

Whenever you are done, if you feel like it, let us know and somebody from NI can contact you to learn more about your experience with the toolkit.

Thanks!

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 43
(9,500 Views)
Hi, there are 2 buttons in my Multisim scheme, and I rule with the help of this buttons the simulation. Can I rule with these buttons from LabVIEW? And how, if I can?
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 43
(9,436 Views)

Sure you can... attached is a sample button I created for "play" or "run" if you will. And inside the toolkit's Simulation Control category you will find the VIs that will let you Run, Pause, Resume, Stop, etc... the simulation. Just create the corresponding buttons in LabVIEW and the Simulation Control VIs of the toolkit will help you command Multisim.

If you need help on creating a simple VI that will run a simulation, look in LabVIEW under Help >> Multisim Connectivity Toolkit Help... and look under Programming Guide > Programming Flowcharts for a graphical guide on how to program the toolkit...

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 43
(9,402 Views)

Hi

I have Labview 8.5 and Multisim Analog Device Edition  V10.0.1.

Does this toolkit work with this setup or not?

Thanks,

Jeffz

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 43
(9,400 Views)

Sorry Jeffz, I just checked the internal tiering setup and the Multisim ADI Edition will not expose any API functionality... is a smaller subset of the complete Multisim package. You're fine with LV, the limitation is on the Multisim side, the Automation API functionality is only exposed by the Power Pro and Educational editions, that filters out the Full, Base, Student and ADI editions...

I do believe however, that the evaluation edition (power pro) will allow you to connect to the automation engine, of course it will be available just for the trial period (30 days)...

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 43
(9,399 Views)
Hello!I have a problem with this Toolkit!I want to sets the value of a resistor(R7=0 ohm)with Multisim RLC value(set),I veryfy after that with Multisim RLC value(get)and it set ,but when I run the aplication multisim the value of the resitor remanin the same(900000T),the result of the silulation is  the same indiferent the value I sets for any resistor.I attach the vi and the multisim program.If you can help me thancks!
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 43
(9,297 Views)

I attach here the multisim program and again the vi.The resistors replace switches.An the value the resistor must have are 900000T ohm for infinite and 0ohm. In .bmp I put the sheme.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 43
(9,294 Views)

Maybe someone could change the requirements mentioned on community website (look at today's screenshot). I tried to use the Multisim Toolkit with LabView 8.6.1 and Multisim Full Edition 10.1 (!). Guess what, I got the same Error again and again - until I came here to read the articles in this board, where you can get the information that PowerPro Edition is needed.

Multisim_Full_vs_PowerPro.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 43
(9,155 Views)
Thanks for the message. I just edited the community website to reflect those changes.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 43
(9,136 Views)

I have a problem with controlling floating signal sources (voltage). When controlling with labview the voltage source becomes not floating anymore.

It looks like labview is cutting out the source and replace it with:

one pole connect to a source (controlled by labview and voltage is in relation to ground)

the other pole is not connected.

How can a controll a floating voltage source with labview?

Best regards

Vincent Nuhaan

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 43
(9,027 Views)