NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI LabVIEW OPC UA APIs Discussion

I've discovered that the problem happens in Windows too, not only in CompactRIO. After 45 minutes precisely Labview closes without any error message.

0 Kudos
Message 81 of 150
(4,058 Views)

Could you use some tool to get the crash dump on Windows?  For example, you can use the "procdump" from microsoft. (download from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx)

Steps to creat the dump:

1. Run your application

2. Run "cmd.exe"

3. Go to the foler where the "procdump.exe" is.

4. Run the following cmd :

"procdump -ma -e LabVIEW.exe"

So, after the crash of LabVIEW happens, the dump file will be created under the same folder.

消息编辑者为:Silei.Cheng

0 Kudos
Message 82 of 150
(4,058 Views)

Silei.Cheng wrote:

Could you use some tool to get the crash dump on Windows?  For example, you can use the "procdump" from microsoft. (download from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx)

Steps to creat the dump:

1. Run your application

2. Run "cmd.exe"

3. Go to the foler where the "procdump.exe" is.

4. Run the following cmd :

"procdump -ma -e LabVIEW.exe"

So, after the crash of LabVIEW happens, the dump file will be created under the same folder.

消息编辑者为:Silei.Cheng

Ok I'm getting the dumping write now.

I've just figure out that I only need to connect to OPC server to get the crash.

0 Kudos
Message 83 of 150
(4,058 Views)

I got it. A 400mb file. How do I open it?

0 Kudos
Message 84 of 150
(4,058 Views)

This is the mininum code that causes the crash.

simple main.png

0 Kudos
Message 85 of 150
(4,058 Views)

You can open it with Visual Studio. But maybe you cannot see the function names, since you don't have the PDB files to interpret the symbol of the call stack. Can you upload your Dump file to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming

So what your did is that connect a OPC UA client to a OPC server and wait for 45 minutes then LV crashes? Does the OPC server stop or reboot after 45 minutes?

0 Kudos
Message 86 of 150
(4,058 Views)

The Community is just for some discussion. If you have some crash issues, it's recommended to use the official tech support. The NI local contact can be found in www.ni.com/contact. The Application Engineer is better trained for support and will response quickly.

For me, I will also look into the crash dump to find what's the problem of our product. Hope that will be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 87 of 150
(4,058 Views)

Silei.Cheng wrote:

You can open it with Visual Studio. But maybe you cannot see the function names, since you don't have the PDB files to interpret the symbol of the call stack. Can you upload your Dump file to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming

So what your did is that connect a OPC UA client to a OPC server and wait for 45 minutes then LV crashes? Does the OPC server stop or reboot after 45 minutes?

Exactly, I just connected to Kepware OPC UA server and wait 45 minutes to the crash. It always happens after the 45 minutes. Nothing happens to the OPC server.

0 Kudos
Message 88 of 150
(4,058 Views)

Dump file posted as Dump_FelipeC.zip.

0 Kudos
Message 89 of 150
(4,058 Views)

Is there a plan to provide an "I/O Server Wizard" to setup OPC UA on RT targets (similar to Modbus I/O Servers)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--CLD--
LV 6.1 to 2015 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 150
(4,058 Views)