NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI LabVIEW OPC UA APIs Discussion

Hi !

After reading this thread, I have tried to connect a client (UA, prosys…) to a server on a cRIO target without success.

This server can be read with a LV client.

I don't get the point. Are these problems linked to

- some bugs (possibly fixed in the SP1 release)?

- the way the server is implemented?

- the way I populate the server?

Thank you

Gilles

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 150
(3,929 Views)

Gilles,

In order to answer your question we would need some more detailed information:

- Is there an error code out of the VI?  If so, what is the error you are receiving?

- You mention this server can be read with a LV client.  Does that mean you can run the client on a Windows machine but when you move the VIs to a cRIO target, the client will no longer connect?

It might be helpful if you could also attach a snippet of your client VI that is running on the cRIO. 

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 150
(3,929 Views)

- Is there an error code out of the VI?  If so, what is the error you are receiving?

The (homemade) LV server is ok. The errors (connection, "node 84", etc.) come from the several clients I try.

- You mention this server can be read with a LV client.  Does that mean you can run the client on a Windows machine but when you move the VIs to a cRIO target, the client will no longer connect?

The scheme is:

- a LV server on a cRIO target

- any client on a windows machine

The (homemade) LV client succeeds in reading, writing, subscribing… things that are impossible with the other clients I've tried.

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 150
(3,929 Views)

It's a bug in this web download version. The server doesn't handle the node 84 correctly. It has been fixed in sp1 release.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 150
(3,929 Views)

thank you,

Gilles

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 150
(3,929 Views)

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with OPC UA API. I have built a client implementation using the callback structures in CompactRIO 9022 based on the Labview client example.  The reading scan is 200ms and write each 1000ms. Nothing hard to CRIO, memory is steady at 28% and CPU load at 20%, no memory leaks were detected.

Everything runs fine until 45 minutes after the boot time. At this moment something rises the CPU to 100% and exactly doubles the memory usage. As the CPU reaches 100% the communication stops (I think because CRIO priorities) and OPC communication fails and seems that OPC UA API hangs.

I tried everything. Just read, just write, reformatted CRIO, reinstall software, change loop times, disable loop structures, every possible configurations for CRIO project, disable debugging. Nothing changes the problem. I got the trace but it doesn't helped. There is a trace.log file in the tmp folder that every time the CRIO hangs a entry is created (there aren't any information about this NI TraceEngine in the whole NI website):

"TraceEngine Started at JUN 12 2012 09:19:21"

But I could not figure out if this is cause or consequence of the problem.

falha.png

The OPC client communicates with a Kepware 5. I'm using the latest Labview 2011 software.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 150
(3,929 Views)

Do you use the web download version of UA API, or the one shipped with DSC 2011 SP1/RT 2011 SP1?

Can you upload your program to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming? I want to use your program to reproduce this problem.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 150
(3,929 Views)

Ryan,

I'm using RT 2011 SP1. I will post the program as soon as possible.

Ryan.S wrote:

Do you use the web download version of UA API, or the one shipped with DSC 2011 SP1/RT 2011 SP1?

Can you upload your program to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming? I want to use your program to reproduce this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 150
(3,929 Views)

Uploaded as "Project_FelipeC.zip".

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 150
(3,929 Views)

Could you give a lightweight project which only contain OPC UA APIs?  The "main.vi" also miss subvi "Nivel medio.vi". I don't know how to setup the project.

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 150
(3,929 Views)