NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI LabVIEW OPC UA APIs Discussion

jean luc,

As dwisti suggests, this API will work on CompactRIO.  Does this meet your needs or are you suggesting something other than this API for OPC UA when you say:

We will be happy  when the OPCUA server will be embedded in a compactRio.

Your feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 150
(5,288 Views)

Hi,

I'm also testing the software and while the client functionality works fine, I cannot connect with third party clients (such as UAExpert from Unified Automation) to the server.

However I can connect to the server via the LabVIEW client, but I can only see a few exposed Nodes. So perhaps third party clients are failing because the address space

of the LabVIEW server is not sufficiently populated with standard nodes?

This is the address space I'm seeing:

• Device
    • Node
      • Setpoint
  • [Server]
    • [Server_ServerArray]
    • [Server_NamespaceArray]
    • [Server_ServerStatus]

It surprises me to see the "Server_" prefix in the DisplayName, but also I cannot browse the Types and Views, and there are no standard Nodes like ServerCapabilities or ServerDiagnostics exposed? Am I doing something wrong, or is it currently not implemented, or is it unrelated to the connection problems I'm having with 3rd party clients?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 150
(5,288 Views)

It's not related to the connection problem. There is a bug in server that the UAExpect cannot connect it.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 150
(5,288 Views)

Hello,

I don't have any luck connecting to labview server through other clients that the labview one. I was trying all the security modes but no success.

I'm trying with prosys opc client. I tried also to use a certificate, but the exported one have .cer extension not .der extension.

I saw in the create server subvi that you need a private key file (.pfx) and the certificate, searching for .der file instead of .cer.

What can be the steps to be followed for the labview server to be detected by prosys opc client?

Regards,

Cosmin

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 150
(5,288 Views)

Because of the ua stack we use, we can only support der as the certificate file extension right now. But actually the der has the same format as cer. You can rename the cer to der and add it as server's trusted client.

If you don't assign a certificate to the server, it will use the default one which is located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\certstore\opcua (on XP machine).

Let me know if it still doesn't work after the server and client trusts each other. And let me know any error code or message you get in client.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 150
(5,288 Views)

Ryan,

I change the extension to .der but the same error is appearing:

LabVIEW:  (Hex 0xFFFA8F6C) An internal error occurred as a result of a programming or configuration error

but anyway, the prosys client do not find the server.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 150
(5,288 Views)

I'm requesting the download of Prosys UA Client.

If you see error in LabVIEW, the server may not be running.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 150
(5,288 Views)

Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully build an installer which will allow the client/server application to run on a Windows PC that does not have the Labview Development Environment?  It seems that there's no way to make the vi's inside vi.lib/NI OPC UA Client.lvlib available to the application.  I've been working on this for several days with an AE from NI and we can't seem to find an answer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 150
(5,288 Views)

This web download doesn't support running the built application without the environment.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 150
(5,288 Views)

Ryan,

When can we expect a version which can be built into an app without the environment?  I have a customer wanting to move to OPC-UA right away.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 150
(5,288 Views)