NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI LabVIEW OPC UA APIs Discussion

So, this seems to be related to LabVIEW dll and events, but not OPC UA specific. I can take a look at your project if you can post that here. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 141 of 150
(4,937 Views)

Hi,

When creating a opc ua server, all other loops running in parallel hangs and even the labview program itself freezes.The same behavior occurs when using the stop function.

Is this a known issue?

Luckily, the problem disappears when running the program as a stand-alone app.

The create function takes about 10 seconds to complete, and it takes 3 seconds to stop.

Is this a Labview api issue or is it a limitation in the OPC UA protocol itself?

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 142 of 150
(4,937 Views)

Possible memory leak in NI OPC UA Client.lvlib:Connect.vi

In the client Connect VI a new user event is created every time the VI runs, regardless of the success of the connect operation. I get that this need to be done before the DLL call as it is used to fire off data back to the IDE, but surely it should be destroyed if the connect operation failed?

If the OPC-UA server is not running or the connection fails for any other reason this VI will leak 4 bytes every time it gets called. My solution is to manually destroy the data change event if the connection was not successful, but I think this should be done inside this VI.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 143 of 150
(4,937 Views)

Hopefully this thread is still active. I have a question concerning reentrant execution of OPC UA Client VIs. Is the LabVIEW OPC UA Client API thread save? The VIs in the NI OPC UA Client.lvlib are set to "Non-reentrant execution" by default. Is it save to change this to reentrant execution?

The use case would be an OPC UA Client application that manages connections to multiple OPC UA Servers in parallel processes for increased performance on multicore machines.

0 Kudos
Message 144 of 150
(4,719 Views)

Today I noticed that in the LV2017 OPC UA Toolkit all OPC UA VIs are password protected. Reentrancy is set to "Non-reentrant execution". Obviously it's no longer possible to change it.

0 Kudos
Message 145 of 150
(4,699 Views)

HI

I have a question about create.vi.

Automaticaly, the name of the server endpoint URL is : opc.tcp://name:port

I can choose the Port Number but my question is how I can modify or choose the name ?

In my application, the server endpoint is opc.tcp://SEDIPCG45:49580

I would like the name is: 10.10.0.182 and not SEDIPCG45 because I use my OPCUA server on a netwoork whitout DNS and my client can not connect the my server ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 146 of 150
(4,646 Views)

Hi,

You can use the "opc.tcp://10.10.0.182:49580" as the client URL directly and don't need to change the server URL.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 147 of 150
(4,635 Views)

thanks for your answer

I know that I can replace SEDIPCG45 by IP address in the client 🙂

The trouble is that in my PC, I have 2 networks. And SEDIPCG45 represente the first network with IP address like 132.184.... and my client is on the second network in 10.10.0.180....

By default, Server.vi takes the name of the PC with correspond at IP Address from the first network. So my client can't see this address from her network 😞 😞

This is why I would like to be able to change the address contained in the server endpoint URL to choose my secondary network where the client is located...

I don't know if it's possible to modify the Server endpoint URL ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 148 of 150
(4,630 Views)

Hi,

The OPC UA server will run on the primary network. I think you need to change the 10.10.0.180 to the primary network of your PC.

However, you cannot change the server's endpoint URL.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 149 of 150
(4,623 Views)

Hello, 

First of all sorry for replying, however I can not find any way to start a thread so I am replying to previous message.

I am running into weird issue where I have OPC UA Client running fine on my cRIO. If I create RAD Image for this cRIO and deploy it on another hardware, then same OPC UA Client functionality does not work.

I can see that OPC UA API is installed on second hardware as it was installed in the first one, image carries it forward. 

I noticed that this functionality breaks because OPC Certs are missing. If I re-install OPC UA Api, then functionality starts working.

See images for reference.

Basically if I deploy image to new hardware, I have to reinstall ( repair ) OPC UA API to get OPC functionality working.

What am I missing here ?

Thanks,

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 150 of 150
(3,242 Views)