NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI LabVIEW OPC UA APIs Discussion

Thank you very much for your fast response.

With quotes addes everything works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 150
(3,797 Views)

cosmin wrote:

good thing,

I can confirm that it's working on Android (2.3.3) with prosys java

cosmin

I guess this confirms that the SampleConsoleClient included in the Prosysopc.UA download does not work? I could not make it work with the NI Server.vi example. I tried both running on Windows XP and in cRIO. I've been using SecurityMode.NONE.

Help is very much appreciated.

o

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 150
(3,797 Views)

The SampleConsoleClient is using change notifications. You need to use polling for reading. It is slower but it works.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 150
(3,797 Views)

Thank you very much, cosmin. Would it be possible to email me the change to youj@yahoo.com? I am new to opc UA.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 150
(3,797 Views)

I've tried the Server.vi, from the download. I've attempted to browse the RootFolder i=84, without success, they all return "BadNodeIdInvalid(0x80330000)" error.

Here are the client I've tried, all are evaluation copy.

Prosysopc Java SampleConsoleClient.java

UaExpert: Unified-Automation

OPC UA Viewer: http://www.commsvr.com/Products/OPCUA/OPCUAViewer.aspx

Should I try to read "Device.Node"? How do I specify the NodeId?

Any pointer will be extremely appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 150
(3,797 Views)

There is a bug in browsing the node i=84.

You can directly input the node id to OPC UA Viewer for subscription. The node id is just the path of node, like Device.Node.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 150
(3,797 Views)

Hi,

I run the downloaded Server.vi on the cRIO-9074, which has a static IP. The downloaded Client.vi works fine on another host Windows XP.

However, Prosysopc java client is not able to read data out. The debug print out indicates that the discovered endpoint from server is opc.tcp://localhost:4841. The communication fails to reach server on localhost.

Is it bug with server or the client?

Regards

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 150
(3,797 Views)

Hi,

I will try this weekend to post a small app for android with prosys client. Just for test with your application

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 150
(3,797 Views)

When you connect the server from remote, change the localhost to the ip in the url, like opc.tcp://ip:4841.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 150
(3,797 Views)

Thanks, Ryan. I tried that. But the endpoint of Create.vi seems to be read-only. ( I am novice to LabView ). It resets back to localhost.

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 150
(3,797 Views)