NI FlexRIO Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data from a 100 MHz loop to a 40 MHz loop

Hi

I'm using a FIFO to transfer data from a 100 MHz Single Cycle Timed Loop (SCTL) to a 40 MHz SCTL. The 100 MHz loop generates 10 data items that are placed into a cluster at 4 KHz. Each data item is U32. The FIFO Data Type is configured as custom control that matches the cluster. The 40 MHz SCTL reads the cluster out of the FIFO and performs further processing. The problem I'm having is that every once in a while, the data coming out at the 40 MHz end has shifted (rotated) left by one data item. So, for example, if we input into the FIFO "1, 2, 3, 4", I will get at some random time, "2, 3, 4, 1".

Any insight into this would be very welcomed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,704 Views)

m_mckee,

Hello!

For this issue, I would suggest creating a service request at ni.com/support with one of our Applications Engineers. They will be able to help debug/troubleshoot this situation as well as be able to access the applicable internal resources to investigate this issue.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,677 Views)

Alternatively, if he's willing to post an example that demonstrates the problem, the community can help validate his code to make sure it's not a logical or simple timing error. Then we'll have the solution here for future reference.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,677 Views)

David,

Excellent Point! I did not mean to dissuade the use of this community for those purposes.

M_mckee,

Feel free to post code to this thread the illustrates the issue. Doing so will allow anybody following this community to assist you. My suggestion to create a service request would allow you to know that somebody at NI was actively investigating the issue to see if it was a bug or not.

Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,677 Views)