From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI FlexRIO Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPROM programming

Hello,

I have problems to prgram the EEPROM on our adapter module.

The EEPROM Voltage is not switched on when I start the

FlexRIO_Host_ProgramIOMODID.vi

Is there any other setup necessary

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(11,278 Views)

Hello Joerg,

In order to program the EEPROM on your adapter module, you must first ensure that the module is recognized as being inserted.  From a LabVIEW project, add your FlexRIO FPGA target.  Right click on the IO Module CLIP socket and select properties.  From here, navigate to the status category.  If your adapter module is inserted and recognized as inserted, the Status pane will indicate that an adapter module is inserted but will indicate the power is disabled because the expected ID will not match the inserted ID.  It will then be possible to use the FlexRIO host VIs to program the EEPROM.  If you get this status message from the IO Module Properties Dialog Box, "The IO Module power is disabled.  An adapter module is inserted, but it does not match the one that the FPGA Target is currently expecting to use," then the EEPROM power is also disabled before you program it.  When you program the EEPROM, the host VIs should automatically enable the EEPROM power during the programming and then disable it when the programming is finished.  You can then call one of the query EEPROM host VIs to either read the entire EEPROM or a section of it to ensure there was no error.  Have you been getting an error during the programming of your EEPROM?  If so, what is the error?

If this error relates to the circuitry on a custom module development, please feel free to use the adapter module email address that is supplied in the MDK, or you can post your questions on the MDK community. 

Regards,

BrowningG

Regards,
Browning G
FlexRIO R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,583 Views)

Hello Browning,

the adapter module is detected. I got the following message:

The IO Module power is disabled.  An adapter module is inserted, but it does not match the one that the FPGA Target is currently expecting to use.  The currently inserted adapter module is:

Unknown (EEPROM not present)

But after the programming I got this error:

Error -304004 occurred at FlexRIO_Host_ProgramIOModID.vi

Possible reason(s):

FlexRIO:  No acknowledgement was received after the I2C bus cycle.

Complete call chain:
     FlexRIO_Host_ProgramIOModID.vi

Did you have any idea?

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards

Joerg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,583 Views)

Hello Joerg,

I would like to take this issue offline with you to discuss some of your adapter module design to ensure I have enought detail to provide a solution.  Is it alright if I email you regarding this issue?

Regards,

BrowningG

Regards,
Browning G
FlexRIO R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,583 Views)

Browning,

I just got the same error. I suppose this implies a design flaw. Any suggestions?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,583 Views)

Mike,

Hello! Can you provide more information about what you are doing that causes this error to happen? Which VI reports the error? Are you using an NI Adapter Module or your own Custom Adapter Module?

Thanks!

-Ben

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,583 Views)